Thursday 13 March 2008

Enjoying your Holidays?

Me? not really.

i just spent 3 days wasting time because of the crazy ,crazy weather.

today was SCARY.

ever been in a storm? today we were surrounded by 4 storms. FOUR! i haven't the foggiest why the committee boat still sent us out there but the wind was freaky-ly strong and the storms were like closing in around us. we were literally trapped, just watching the storm get closer and closer. better yet, they tried to start a race. i bet nobody wanted to sail then, especially after seeing the horribly dark cloud come. soon the dark clouds were above us and thank God they raised AP over A (means all races postponed, return to shore) and sent us back.

haha. i capsized on the way back to NSC but that was least of my worries. on shore it was UTTER CHAOS. really. the wind was so strong, combined with the high waves so many boats got swept onto the beach and crashed onto the rocks. it was really scary and dangerous and everyone was running up and down the beach getting trolleys and helping others out of the water in the rain. many boats got damaged. >.< i saw one sail got a whole strip ripped off! it must have capsized onto a rock or something. the rain was so heavy and it was pouring down so hard that the visibility was horrible and they had to make us all sign in at the race control office to make sure no one was lost at sea.

storms are really no joke. And we still hadn't managed to complete one single race.

but, it was fun cos after that we all played in the rain pulling up our boats and washing it, having water fights, throwing freezing cold water on each other,  splashing in the biggest puddles(haha we were like little kids) fighting with the national squad sailors for the ping-pond table and running into the bathrooms for hot showers. Yep. good hard fun.

so i guess i admit that it's nice to have a break once in a while. especially with the sailors. we are one crazy hilarious bunch of kids.

oh and i realized that when you are really really cold( like when you are standing in the rain) your hair does stand on end, no matter how wet you are. mine was =P

--

No worries-Mcfly
We ran past strawberry fields and smelt the summertime
When it gets dark I’ll hold your body close to mine
And then we’ll find some wood and hell we’ll build a fire
And then we’ll find some rope and make a swinging tyre

Captivated by the way you look tonight
The light is dancing in your eyes, your sweet eyes

It’s times like these we’ll never forget
Stayin out to watch the sunset
I’m glad I shared this with you
Cause you set me free
Show me how good my life could be
How could this happen to me? Yeahhhohhh

And then I’ll swing you girl until you fall asleep
But when you wake up you’ll be lyin next to me (ba ba ooo)
We’ll go to Hollywood, make you a movie star (movie star)
I want the world to know how beautiful you are

Captivated buy the way you look tonight
The light is dancing in your eyes, your sweet eyes yeah

It’s times like these we’ll never forget
Stayin out to watch the sunset
I’m glad I shared this with you
Cause you set me free
Show me how good my life could be
How did you happen to me? Yeahhhohhh

There are no secrets to be told
Nothing we don’t already know
(bum bum bum)

We got no fears of growin old
We got no worries in the world

i like this song, nice and cheery... <3

 

No comments: